Terms & Conditions
By using this web database, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not agree, please do not use the site.
- When you use this web database, you create and upload content - species and habitat records, photos, maps and comments. By putting this information on the site, you are saying that:
- the content is yours, or you have the permission of the data owner to agree to this usage, and
- the landowner agreed that data can be made publically available, and if not you agree to flag the record as 'private'.
- you agree that the content can be used on this site, and
- you agree that your records, photos and other content can be made publicly available for wider use.
- You had the permission of the landowner to survey the site and collect data.
- Species records collected through this web database will be stored securely by Freshwater Habitats Trust and made available to experts for verification.
- Verified observations will be made available through this database and via the NBN Atlas and NBN Atlas Wales, Local Record Centres and National Recording Schemes. If you do not want your observations to be made available in this way, please do not submit them.
- Having submitted a record to this site, you do not have to submit it to other organisations or online recording schemes. It will be made available to local records centres, conservation organisations, natural history societies and others with a legitimate interest in the data.
- Your contact details will be held in a database by Freshwater Habitats Trust and will only be used to contact you if there is a query about your record.
- Your contact details will not be passed on to any third parties without your permission.
- Your name will be stored as part of the record and will be made publicly available with the species name, date and location of the record.
- If you submit a record of a species that could be vulnerable to disturbance or persecution if the record is made publicly available, the record will be flagged as 'sensitive' and will not be made publicly available.